Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Forbes: Bell or Rogers to buy MLSE for 2.25Bil
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I am not opposed to corporate ownership. Just as long as it's ownership sake for the right reasons. The bottom line is making money, and most any team depends on winning to increase their income. This is most certainly the case with the Raptors and tronoto FC. the Maple leafs are pretty much the exception to the rule. so as long as the new owner is serious about winning, i would have no problem with that.

The only issue i have is so many teams potentially being owned by one corporation (especially if it ends up being rogers). That doesn't sit well with me for sure.
Maple Leafs are an acception, but if they're winning it means more money as well. It applies to all teams, less for the Leafs sure but let's face it the Leafs make less money if they're not winning, plus i heard a while back that their box sales and even tickets are softer in the last couple years. Marginally of course, but winning has to apply to them as well even if less so then the other two teams.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote