Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jay hints who is willing to stay here?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Northern Neighbour
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He was considered a top 5-7 pick not that long before the draft. The only reason he dropped was because he had a wrist injury in the latter part of his last season in college. And even then there was thought he'd still be gone by #7.
I also remember BC saying that the Raptors never even invited Davis to workout for the club because the Raptors' brainstrust thought Davis would be taken in the top-5. But when he fell to #13, they had no choice but to take him. He was the BPA.

Davis was disappointed on draft day, but I don't think it's because he was selected by the Raptors. Rather, he likely was upset by the FACT that he dropped out of the top-5 and the top-10. There were high expectations of him going much earlier. If you were told you were going to be a top-5 pick and then slid almost out of the lottery, I think most of us would be a bit depressed.

And if I recall correctly, Davis' father had a lot of good things to say about Toronto after the pick was made.

Anyway, Tommy, you're making something out of nothing. Davis is under the Raptors' control for at least another 3 seasons. He seems content playing in Toronto and wants to improve. He's been a professional throughout his rookie season, and it genuinely seems to enjoy playing with the other young players on the roster.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote