Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - A vote for Bargnani....kinda.
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
Because of the recognition of who he is right now...the guy you pick 12th in a much better draft and think you lucked out at his skill. What kind of return do you get for that? Eddy Curry and an 11th pick? And if Davis and Amir do a better job, then they should always get more minutes than him no matter what happens. No more politics based minutes.

And no, I have stopped thinking the defense and rebounding are suddenly going to explode. That's what makes him a role player....constantly 3rd to 7th in the pecking order of a good team. He won't be the first one dimensional role player on a good team. Steve Kerr shot, Dennis Rodman rebounded. But they were not the "it" guys on their teams.
I could live with that entirely if he wasn't a big with no interest in defending. It's just too costly at his position. If he can come off the bench and commit to some defense and get minutes based on match ups and his level of play on the defensive end, then sure. But how long before they go back to trying to Jimmy the whole team in order to make up for what he refuses to supply? He needs to be the man on the offensive end in order to make up for what he doesn't do elsewhere. I'm just sick of seeing the attempts to re-invent the game, and I don't see an end to that. If another direction can be taken it would be great, but I'd have to ask what took so long to do it.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote