Originally Posted by RAPMAN
I don't think it works that easily. So we have no general manager, coach and coaching staff signed starting July 1. So the OTPP owns 80% of MLSE, needs cash and want to ease the sale of MLSE by acquiring the sale of TD share. From the radio (FAN 590), the asking price for MLSE is 19 times their EBITDA (Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation, Amortization) which is way too high. They have been on the block since late April. While in the meantime, it has been reported that David Stern and player union executive director Billy Hunter have been meeting in person recently, and added that the two have future meetings scheduled over the next couple of weeks. Something has to give, I think the decision on the General Manger position gets taken care of in late June or July instead of being ignored or delayed as per your opinion.
I am all in favor of retaining BC and so would be happy with your scenario, especially if it also means no lockout. We will see, though...