Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bosh yet to cash in on new found fame
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I guess that we just have different ideas about what "piggy-backing" actually means....

Payton & Malone had absolutely nothing to complain about for most of their careers. They play on GREAT teams for MANY years with ALL-STAR players by their side. That's exactly the argument that I'm making...

How long should Bosh have stayed a Raptor? His entire career? Even though nearly every year the entire roster was turned over and he shouldered the majority of the blame for every failed season?

I just think that's unreasonable. He gave it a go for 7 years. In that time there was little to nothing that ever suggested that a proper "competitive" team was being built here... and before you say "What about Hedo? What about JO?" no, I don't consider those signings relevant since both players were clearly past their prime.

Maybe Bosh should have gone to Chicago or N.Y... maybe that would have made some fans happier.... but I can't blame the guy for wanting to play with a couple of great players (who are also friends) and give himself the best chance possible.
I agree with that, except for the Hedo part. I would say that when he was signed he was not perceived as past his prime after the season/playoffs he had just had. Turns out he was past his prime, but he wasn't signed knowing that. Anyway just saying.
As for Bosh, don't blame him for leaving. But I don't agree with the way he did it.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote