Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm Breaks Down BC's Worst Moves
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

colangelo's career record is close to .600, and that includes this year's team ... saying that he's not good at building teams is pretty strange. He didn't have success here, but let's be honest, in a small market you need to be really lucky regardless of what you do. And the last thing we had was luck over the last few years.

Look at Memphis, almost every move they made was heavily criticized and now they're in the 2nd round, close to getting to the final. Does that make their moves good now?

Also, saying he didn't have a plan here is showing ignorance. His plan was very clear - to get cap-space to sign another free agent in 2010. That's why so many of us liked the JO deal, we felt that even if it doesn't work out on the field, you end up with a massive 20 million expiring in 2010, which was supposed to be a great summer for free agents.

In hindsight, he should have stuck with that plan, rather than try to appease Bosh with one last ditch effort in 2009. In a perfect world, if I was the GM I would have tried to force Bosh to make up his mind in the summer of '09. Anything but a clear acceptance of the plan and I would have tried to trade him before the deadline. Of course, if the real world you can't be this blunt with your player and you can't just trade your top star without approval of the board. And who knows what happened behind the scenes ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote