Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm Breaks Down BC's Worst Moves
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Tommy C
is a free agent

Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Really, yet you mentioned getting Nash from Dallas and to say he had a few years under his belt by then is a massive understatement. As for his time here, his options are limited and that's also a large understatment. Take a look every summer at the veteran FA in the league, then look at the ones good enough to have options.....then decide how many options there really are from those players and the remaining 2nd-3rd tier players. Then maybe you'll have a bit of an idea what he and every GM in a less desired market has to deal with.

I am not saying BC was terrible as a GM, but it was far from being a huge success. The last straw was losing Bosh, not because Bosh is gone, it is the way it was done. Bosh's departure was written all over the place, it was soooooo crystal clear in the same way that James left the Cavs, but still he decided to take the risk and not to trade him for something in return, and no I am not talking abt a couple of draft picks from the Heat...
Like I said, BC is great in finding hidden gems especially young ones, but not so great in building a team.
I think it's time for new blood in our front office. I have no problem with a new head coach too. though, I really have no problem with Triano.
We had a crappy roster without Reggie and Kleiza due to their injuries, trading Jack was a strange move... Yeah we got Bayless and Wright and Peja, who ended up with a buyout which is too bad because according to sourced on line his value wasn't bad due to the fact he will coming of the books with a $18M salary, and he can still play (look at him in Dallas)..... oh well...
I think I want to see Donnie Walsh in our front office, he made a great progress with the Knicks, except the Melo move that was done behind his knowledge. I think the Knicks, gave too much in return, but this is a whole new topic.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote