Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm rates Colangelo's best moves
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
Colangelo's draft record is actually quite impressive, he also found gems like nash, amare, marion late in the draft (although nash is a bit misleading since he wasn't all that good for a long time). And I still like the Bargnani pick, despite the way it turned out. Bargnani's potential was huge and in that weak draft, only a few players were projected to have a chance to be special.

The one place where colangelo didn't have success (at least here in toronto) is drafting 2nd rounders. While clearly nobody expects a star there, we've never even got a rotation player ...

as far as colangelo's best moves, I'd add trading CV for Ford, many people criticized that trade, but before the injury, that trade turned out to be gold for us. Hump for Araujo wasn't bad either and bellinelli for evans was pretty cool too.
Well, I tend to agree that he's done a good job drafting, I'm not too sure where you got some of your facts.

Amare and Marion were both top 10 picks and Nash wasn't good? He was playing behind Jason Kidd, Sam Cassell and Kevin Johnson his first two years in Phoenix. It's no coincedence that after he went to Dallas and was given more minutes, he showed what he could do.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote