Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Trouble in La-La-Land
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ligeia
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath

Representing:
Default Trouble in La-La-Land

Los Angeles Lakers' Andrew Bynum says team has trust issues - ESPN Los Angeles

Quote:
"I think it's quite obvious for anyone who is watching the games," Bynum said. "There's hesitation on passes, defensively not being there for your teammate because he wasn't there for you before, stuff like that."

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said he understood what Bynum meant after the game.

"I think the trust that he's referring to is being able to help each other on the defensive end of the floor," Bryant said. "You saw a lot of layups. He gets frustrated when he supports a guard coming off a screen-and-roll and nobody supports him."

.................................................. .................

Bynum said this is a problem that has plagued the Lakers all season, but the team will have to properly address it before Friday's Game 3 and rectify it if they have a chance of defeating the Mavericks.

"If we go to the root of what's really hurting us and not candy-coat things and not talk around issues, then we'll be fine. If not, then we won't," Bynum said. "I think we've addressed them before, but now is the time to really sit down and ask yourself the tough questions."

Down 2-0 going back to Dallas against a Mavericks team that can actually play some defense.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote