Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bin Laden is Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #73 (permalink)
Torontosaurus
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus

Representing:

I'm a bit skeptical myself as wasn't his death reported a few years ago? I think CNN is pretty biased as they benefited from all the bin laden news, but I think this might answer some of the questions:

Quote:
A U.S. official disputed reports that bin Laden had altered his appearance to avoid recognition.

The official said Bin Laden was recognizable on scene. He was "not transformed somehow."

A visual ID was made, there were photo comparisons and other facial recognition used to identify him, the official said. A second official said that in addition to DNA there was full biometric analysis of facial and body features.

There was no indication bin Laden was going to surrender when the U.S. launched its operation, a U.S. official said.

"There was no evidence they tried to surrender," the official told CNN. “The order going in was to get UBL (Osama bin Laden)”

“All of the contingency planning was that we would encounter heavy resistance," the U.S. official said. "That is what we expected and what happened. Obviously if everybody had put there hands up and surrendered we would have taken them but that did not happen and we did not expect it.”

That assumption bore itself out, the official said.

“We encountered resistance upon entering the compound," CNN was told.

Quote:
A DNA match confirms Osama bin Laden was killed in a U.S. operation, a senior administration official told CNN Monday.
U.S. troops kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
Torontosaurus is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote