Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #153 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

You take away all of B.C's moves and just look at the culture of the team, I think he's done a poor job fostering internal competition. The team is kind of like a bunch of boys ever since he came on board. You dog it you still get your playing time. You're 10th man on the bench and perform one game, you still aren't getting any more playing time the next, despite the fact that the team is on a 6 game losing streak.

The Raptors to me are like a horrible team who seems to rely on set rotations like they're a perennial playoff contender with proven players.

Coach's fault. Toronto's fault. Regardless it comes back to Bryan C. I just don't see the type of internal competition being promoted over BC's tenure that makes players great and teams tight. You give those deep bench guys 30 games or so and all motivation seems to be lost.

When you've lost 20 games you should be seeing what works and that just doens't happen. Despite being unsuccessful, BC's teams in Toronto has for the most part always pointed at the guys who are going to get minutes at the start of the year, and at the end of the year it's the same guys.

I see in Derozan a leader that would thrive in that enviorment. Same with Johnson, Amir, Reggie. These guys would beat eachother up in practice and then go hang out. Maybe B.C. is now on the right path.

One thing is clear though which keeps getting mistated. He shouldn't be sticking around to finish what he started. He's already failed once, he's now on his second go of it.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote