Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #148 (permalink)
Leafhater
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Fans being pissed is just another plus in my eyes. That is only going to give new ownership further impetus to do things right. Why suggest that there will be a joe lunchbox GM? And even if there is a Furby acting as GM, who says that isn't better than having a guy that is high profile, but who doesn't deliver anything much beyond public relations? That Furby with the right ownership that needs to win as much, if not more than just put enough of a positive spin on the team to sell seats, might just get better results. I don't think we are realizing how corrosive the political situation surrounding this team, and the Leafs, and that soccer team, er football club, has been year in and year out. I would be more than happy to see a Furby that does not need to get Charles Barkley to say something nice about the team during All-Star weekend, or fight battles in the papers, or try to get out ahead of public opinion by having ridiculous press conferences suggesting that the team is a buyer that is willing to spend now to get ahead. Believe it or not there is a job there that needs to be done, and it involves getting the most out of every single employee rather than being loyal to the ones that say your ass smells like roses. The most important stuff has to do with day-to-day management that we never hear about, and not so much having perceived connections around the league. Let's see - what has BC's cache gotten us - trades and signings that got rescinded and no recognizable change in the way the team is perceived. Nice.
Fair points but there's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. If you are unhappy with the job Colangelo did, fire Colangelo when the season ends. Don't NOT fire Colangelo and have reports swirling on ESPN about some douche bag accountant on the board that doesn't like him because he thinks the only reason he got his job in Phoenix was his dad and he has a friend who he thinks can do a better job. So now we're faced with the prospect of having a GM without a contract making our no. 1 pick a week before his contract expires? That's just the way we roll up here in "Clippers North"

This franchise has been pathetically mismanaged and plagued by political garbage like this pretty much from the time we were awarded a franchise and the common denominator is the fans continue to suffer having to watch a substandard on-court product almost every single year. Nothing EVER gets done about that small problem. I don't even need to get into the ineptitude of the management of the hockey team or the soccer team...

What did sports fans in this city do to deserve the black plague that is Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment?
Leafhater is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote