Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - A Hypothetiroyal situation
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

there are 2 fascinating elements about this wedding for me:

1. is the guest list, which includes every living former tory prime minister, but does not include tony blair or gordon brown. it also includes several leaders of brutal regimes that have committed significant human rights violations over the past year. the once politically independant monarchy is now significantly partisan within england and completely out of touch with human rights outside britain. nice!

2. is the degree to which this is hyped up by the windsor family to see how popular william is. he and kate wanted a small thing, and the queen insisted it be huge. she is trying to guage the popularity of willy, thinking that a significant upsurge might be a good reason to skip charles in succession.

they are a bunch of rich twats that hobnob with fascists, and their desperation to restore glory to the throne is fascinating to me. i won't be watching, but the whole circus has some significant correlative effects.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote