Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Players Union Could Decertify
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
What rules are going to keep a dissatisfied player on a team that's taken a step backwards from asking to be traded? I would much rather see less need for so many bad contracts by opening up the free agent market for real. Not everyone is going to be able to go to a big market team, and big market teams are not going to be able to buy up all the free agents if it gets opened up with teams no longer able to offer more years and more money to their own players. Making contracts shorter and making player movement easier rather than harder would be good for real parity among teams with a real plan they can present as competitors for free agents as well as their own players. Plans will be easier to carry out and mistakes will be less costly. Players will not be looking at situations where they consider just playing for a paycheque, while their own sought-after talent allows their team to win enough to get middling draft picks at best, and crappy free agent markets leave no real avenue for becoming elite. If that is the parity we want to reinforce then this league is going to lose me pretty quick.
i agree with your idea as long as there is a hard cap imposed along with it
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote