Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Originally Posted by LX View Post
Walsh did not have an easy ride with Dolan and Isiah behind his back. I really think it takes more than just a good GM.
This is a good point. I have no interest in supporting or trashing Walsh, since I don't have strong feelings about him. However, it's difficult to know what the fuck happened in New York, especially during the "talks" about bringing in Melo. Dolan came out in the media and trashed reporters for claiming there was a "rift" between him and Walsh/Dantoni. Dolan claimed everybody was on the same page. Afterwards, a number of NY reporters said "not buying it". Maybe the media was just causing shit, or maybe there really was a rift? Walsh did come out and take responsibility for the Melo trade, but what else would you expect him to say? "The owner made me do it!" I found the comments made during game 3 particularly interesting. A couple of the announcers claimed that Walsh and Dantoni were not the ones responsible for the Melo trade, and it took the team in a direction they weren't entirely comfortable pursuing. Whatever the truth is, quite a few people in the media think Dolan forced the trade.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote