Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Armstong: The kid gloves are finally off
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Exclamation Armstong: The kid gloves are finally off

Quote:
I found Bryan Colangelo's comments about him at a press conference last Monday to be quite revealing when he spoke about his rebounding and defence. Was I surprised by it? At this stage, no. Bottom line, when a player that you've bent over backward to try to nurture and bring along and develop and show support and patience with continues to frustrate/perplex you and puts your own livelihood on the line, you tend to say enough is enough. If Bargnani returns to the Raptors next season, he not only owes the organization, the fans, his teammates and himself a lot more, he owes Colangelo and Jay Triano greater commitment to everything being asked/demanded of him. He's been treated very fairly and at times they've enabled him too much. He has let them down. The "kid gloves" are rightfully off now and obviously should have been off way sooner. It's now or never. As a man, you look in the mirror and question yourself and what you stand for at this stage. Congrats to him on having a career year in points per game but how does it feel to be on a 60-loss team? Time to respond to the challenge. He CAN do it. Will he? Your guess is as good as mine.
LINK - TSN.ca
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote