Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Cliquing
Thread: Cliquing
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ammo
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
There isn't any cliquing.. the locker is more cohesive than its ever been. You can't really judge it unless you're in the locker room, and everyone says it is in fact cohesive. And by everyone I mean BC, Triano and the players.
It's just one man's opinion in James Johnson, but if he mentioned it as not being good, there is a reason for it. I think I know why.

Any team I've been on, I make it a point to go out somewhere once in a while to eat and/or drink with the guys. Why? When it comes time for us to say some things that have to change, it is not personal and no rifts form. Until that point, I could just be an asshole who doesn't know his place in saying something to another teammate. When Antoine Wright was here, I think it was him who mentioned that you couldn't say anything to anybody.

LX, you talk about accountability in management, well I have to say it should be in the room too. You can't sit there simmering unable to speak if some things are being neglected. I wonder if some of the reason the team plays differently with Bargs off the floor is passive aggressive. "If he does not have to play tough defense, why should I?"

As for being invisible in your city, that's inexplicable to me. It's good for the organization, for the player, for their legacy. And you weild so much power to change things or improve things that you have to be selfish not to.

Last edited by Ammo; 04-24-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote