Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #145 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
by 'hell of a lot worse' i mean that a guy could come in and start to chart a new course - yet again. we could be waiting years for another attempt, wasting the momentum we have now. we could also end up with a guy that wants to sign veterans and get wins asap, instead of building up a core. those are 2 possibilities that i think would be terrible and that we won't get with bc.
By Colangelo's own admission - this is the route he took last summer. So I'm not writing off the idea that he won't take that possibility. And the fact that it took injuries to perennial bench players for him to see that his team wasn't going anywhere soon and abandon the idea of making further moves, doesn't exactly fill me up with any kind of confidence. I am hopeful that he has continued to grow and learn, but I worry over his tendencies.

Are there not any good assistants out there? Who's working under Buford these days? Surely there is a pool of people that are capable of not signing vets to get a few wins. The same group might even prove capable of trading some of the vets Bryan accumulated for some good pieces to continue to build with.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote