Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #141 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

donnie walsh is a disaster - ok that's a strong word, how about a really bad idea for the raps - precisely because of what he has done in ny. he started out right by getting rid of bad contracts (although getting nothing for z-bo was weak), but blew it all away by getting rid of a deep, defensive-minded team for a quick win with carmelo. i think that trade was just awful for ny (except from a marketing standpoint) because the guys that they got rid of are collectively much better than what they got back. this is exactly what i don't want to see happen with the raps. mortgage the flexibility and youth that you should use to build a long-term team concept by trading it all away for a couple of 'stars' that don't play d and have no quality role players to back them up. we'll see if he can fill the team in during the offseason, but what you are suggesting is picking him up based on this track record (which i think is a huge mistake) before he has a chance to show that he has actually done something positive.

you could make a case for what he did in indiana, but he really just rode reggie for everything he could get.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote