Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Arsenalist: "Jamario Moon needs to make a jumper"
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Arsenalist: "Jamario Moon needs to make a jumper"

What do you guys expect from Jamario this season? I mean, from a offensive perspective. More of a driver & slasher going hard to the hoop, or more of an "dead-eye" shooter but hopefully ... and I mean hopefully with some more accuracy and consistency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arsenalist
Our roster doesn’t have much depth on it this year and its imperative we got the most bang for the buck out of every player - especially the starting five - if we want to compete for home-court advantage. The guy that’s not getting mentioned much this summer is Jamario Moon who last I heard was representing the Raptors out west in Edmonton and playing hoops in someone’s driveway. We obviously expect improvement from Bargnani next year but if Moon even repeats the feats of last season, it’ll be considered a disappointing year. He must get better and make up for the lack of a true SF signing. It’s asking a lot.

I’ve accepted that he’s not going to be a player that consistently takes it to the rim even when the opportunity is there so I’ve switched expectation gears. If he just drains the 15-18 footer with dead-eye consistency, it’ll open up things for us. Last year we got angry when he started taking those jumpers, this year I’m hoping he takes them and makes them. If Bargnani’s off-season regiment involved working on footwork, getting stronger and developing post-moves, Moon’s should simply involve launching 1000 jumpers a day.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote