Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Donyell Marshall Joins Sixers, Will He Burn The Raptors?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Donyell Marshall Joins Sixers, Will He Burn The Raptors?

Local Raptor blogger Cuzoogle asks the question " Donyell Marshall joins Sixers, will he burn Raptors?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzoogle
Heading into the NBA season it is not the Celtics, Pistons or Magic that worry me as a Raptors fan, it is the 76ers. They are young, athletic and they added Elton Brand to dominate inside. They are one of the future teams of the East. They will be the main team the Raptors will be fighting with for a playoff spot in the Atlantic.

So it did not ease my worry any today when I read the 76ers have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent forward Donyell Marshall. Philly needs some outside shooting and Marshall fits that role for sure.

All Raptors fans know the damage he can do from the corner. All Raptors fans also know that it seems to be the former Raps that always come back and bite us in the ass.

Playing for the Raptors against the Sixers on April 13, 2005, Marshall tied a league record by hitting 12 three-pointers. I really hope that does not happen again but the other way around. The way the Raps cover the perimeter, I am not holding my breath.

Donyell was a good player and great guy for the Raptors as I remember him and I wish him luck but only when the Sixers are playing everyone but Toronto.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote