Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #57 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
No shit, but again like i said. Out of say 10 FA in any given summer. Name me one of the top 5 that would pick here over NYK, LAL, CHicago, Dallas, SA or any of the better markets in the US. Then the other 5 you have to try not to over pay, sign what is needed and who fits. ALL OF THAT limits what can be done in free agency, period. Trades and drafting is the only way to try and build a winning culture here, then bigger names MAY come here. And imo we're headed in the right direction. You seriously don't think we as a market have limitations in the free agent market no matter who the GM is? If so you're delusional. Add to that if BC is replaced by a stiff or inexperience cheap GM....
.... and?

so what has BC actually done that makes him so irreplaceable?

I think Toronto has is in a strange position within the league which may be disadvantageous, but that doesn't really have anything concrete to do with Colangelo coming back or not. In fact one could say that given those limitations Colangelo has shown he isn't capable of succeeding.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key