Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Woah - think about it for a bit. the outgoing teacher's fund is acting on the behalf of all potential owners. They have to if they want the sale to go through. I don't understand the desire to look past business principles and just make it about some guy pranking us all. These guys want the value to be as high as possible, not kick the shit out of the value. That is how the franchise has been operated and that is where we the fans held the bag, because winning didn't matter as long as we continued to hold that bag. There is no way for them to profit now by fucking over the franchise for the future owners. Believe me - the contract that is signed will be fat enough to knock out Mike Tyson. If there is anything out of place then there will be questions needing to be answered. This isn't like selling a used car here.
I would have to argue that part of the franchise value is in not being rudderless as an organization. I like the young players, etc, but if Joe lunchbox GM shows up, we're in trouble.

As fans, we're not about the business process and as Toronto basketball fans, show me where there is room to dick around with the perception of where we may be going next. I'm serious when I say they had better watch out for the arena looking like the Phoenix Coyotes arena. Some people are already totally turned off. And it is their right to be. They are paying for and investing emotionally in a team, not a business tug of war. And so if business principles say that they need to get jerked around, God bless 'em if they say "I don't have to take this".

Now throw in a lockout. Good luck to them.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key