Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Stein: Raps to replace BC with Embry/Raps deny report
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
If there is going to be another GM coming in, he'd......better......be......good.

I'm not the type to bail on a team as a fan, if only evidenced by still being here talking about them, but I'm in the "it will be hard to remain a fan" camp.

And you know how when a self serving politician finally leaves office, everything is in shambles and he couldn't care less because he's no longer accountable. We the people are screwed and he's looking back laughing in the rear view of his Bentley.

Well, that's how I'm viewing an outgoing Teacher's Fund. They are getting theirs on the way out and we the fans could be left holding an empty bag wondering what happened. Silvestri and anyone else would be long gone and never have to answer any questions.

The Leafs will always be the Leafs no matter what they do, but the Raptors could become the Vancouever Grizzlies in a hurry. Just don't think I could stomach it anymore.
Woah - think about it for a bit. the outgoing teacher's fund is acting on the behalf of all potential owners. They have to if they want the sale to go through. I don't understand the desire to look past business principles and just make it about some guy pranking us all. These guys want the value to be as high as possible, not kick the shit out of the value. That is how the franchise has been operated and that is where we the fans held the bag, because winning didn't matter as long as we continued to hold that bag. There is no way for them to profit now by fucking over the franchise for the future owners. Believe me - the contract that is signed will be fat enough to knock out Mike Tyson. If there is anything out of place then there will be questions needing to be answered. This isn't like selling a used car here.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key