Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Colangelo needs to be re-signed
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Grange: Colangelo needs to be re-signed

Quote:
My vote is firmly for MLSE to retain Colangelo; the sooner the better and with a contract that shows their commitment to him.
Quote:
Wed all have more confidence in MLSE if theyd recognized they wanted to fire Colangelo and had an alternative plan in place and made the move in December. That would suggest sports intellects in charge that could plot a clear path and execute.

But that never happened and instead there was the single person most closely identified with a $399-million asset and one of the most influential and respected figures in the sport giving a season-ending press conference qualifying nearly every answer with some version of If Im here and listing his accomplishments like an MBA grad at a job interview: In terms of passion for the business and dedication to the organization I would hope people think I am the right guy.
Quote:
Those so eager to see Colangelo move on might want to give a some hard thought to what the Plan B might be.

And as the ping pong balls fall on May 17th and the Raptors end up sliding down instead of up in what is already projecting to be a very weak draft with top prospects opting for the shelter of school rather than the uncertainty of the locked-out NBA, dont be surprised if Colangelo looks around and decides trying to convince the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan that hes the right man for the job just isnt worth a coke or a bag of chips, not for three bucks and a few million times more than that.
Colangelo: all that and a bag of chips - The Globe and Mail
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote