Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo's Year End News Conference
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
powerfulpanda

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
First of all, I am not ignoring anyones points. I'll be the first to admit that Andrea is not good on defence. Second of all, he has a post game. I just youtubed Andrea game tape to show how easy it is to find footage of him posting up, here is a random game against Detroit.

YouTube - Andrea Bargnani @ Detroit Pistons / Apr. 13th, 2010

Watch him in the post. Saying he doesn't have a post game is just hating because it's the cool thing to do.

How does having a player like Andrea who can post up and step back to the three point line not spread the floor?*sarcasm* It cause for tons of mismatches. Like getting someone like Dwight Howard out of the paint which allows other players to get to the rim and score.

All the centers which have been passed around are basically defensive minded centers, and were not going to get a defensive minded center who can score more then 15 PPG without giving up something significant, like Demar or Davis. A center like that is rare, not many teams will just let them walk.

I'm tired of you just following around my posts. If you don't like a world where everything isn't black and white, don't read my posts. It's getting really old now.
having a "post game" does not make him a post threat. i agree that he CAN play down there. but how often does he? thats the point. having that ability but only showing it once every ten games is the same has not having it and once every ten games has a lucky one.

i think thats the "idea" of Bargnani (offensively at least) that most of us have and wish he become. i absolutely agree, the IDEA of Bargnani is an offensive nightmare for opposing defenses, but he hasn't done that consistently for him to even be considered that type of player. the type to post up and then spread the floor with his 3 like you say.
so if he was gone, we aren't "missing" that because we never had that. it just something the fans wish we could of had
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote