Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo's Year End News Conference
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
DuCa00795
back

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Dude, Andrea has been playing the PF position the whole season. On offense, Andrea is not battling on the block. He gets the majority of touches outside the paint, where the majority of the time he jacks up a shot or sometimes drives to the rim. Its Amir, Davis and Ed Davis, battling in the paint and fighting for rebounds on offense. Like I said before, Its Amir And Davis getting the bulk of the minutes guarding the centers on the other team on defense.
I don't recall him playing PF. Anywhom, what I am really preaching is that if we did get rid of Andrea, we would need someone in the post to become a threat, or else we'll have no post threats. Even in the case of Boston, KG can score and spread the defence, and Perkins had somewhat of a post game. I know everyone wants this defensive monster as center, but if he's only defensive, then we'll be in the same boat.

As train said above, I don't agree with Demar being able to draw double teams, yet. They know what he can do, and they'll collapse on him when he gets in the paint. Andrea on the other hand would get doubled when he touched the ball in the post. You can say we'll play better ball without Andrea, but were not Denver, most of our role players would ride the bench on contending teams.
DuCa00795 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote