Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo's Year End News Conference
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCa00795 View Post
Yeah the is playing his unnatural position, at center. This guys a PF/SF at times. When he played for Benetton he mostly played the PF position. Dude, they trade for JO, and Andrea came off the bench behind him until JO got injured if I recall. Dude is not a center, and never will be a center. Do you see Dirk being able to handle position? I know he's not good on defence, but I think getting rid of him right now will be a bad idea, especially if we just want to try and get defence, because he is our leading scorer, and spreads the floor the most on offense. Who else calls for double teams on this team?
Derozan. ANd there are things called screens and cuts that can be used to get open shots - you know - making use of all five guys on the court.

Andrea is nowhere close to being Dirk. Dirk can handle playing positionally and take on quicker power forwards. Andrea gets blown by and tends not to recognize where he should be. He really has no natural position on the defensive end.

He's our leading scorer? So was Mike James. How on earth were they able to replace that guy?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote