Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - available centres?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Something has gotta give with Memphis. They agreed with a contract for Zach Randolph for 71 million (66 million guaranteed). Rudy get 82 million last summer, Michael Conley signs 40 million last fall. Michael Heisley is one of the cheapiesest owners in the NBA and the franchise is one of the bottom teams regarding attendance. Either they are pricing themselves out of the next contract for Marc Gasol or trading Rudy Gay.
True, but they also have a group of players on VERY cheap contracts. Tony Allen, Sam Young, Darrel Arthur, and X. Henry cost under 12$ next season. They have Mayo at one more season on his rookie contract, as well. This balances out their payroll quite nicely.

I think the "something" that "has gotta give" could be Battier (unless he takes a paycut) and eventually Mayo. Gasol is more important than Mayo.

But, for the record, I do find Heisley's sudden willingness to spend quite surprising. I mean this guy spent months low-balling Rudy. He could have saved around $20 million if he had just signed Rudy at his initial asking price back in the fall of 2009.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 04-18-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key