Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Vancouver "hand-out drug" program
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Someguy again
stank

Representing:
Default Vancouver "hand-out drug" program

I was reading something today about a centre in Vancouver's infamous drug areas (the most cases of drug problems in Canada) and that its a progam of support and outreach workers giving out small dosages of heroin and cocaine for addicts to inject in themselves to get their daily fix. I find it interesting, what's you thoughts about it?

I think its a great way to get rid fo the middleman, which is the drug dealers by breaking the drug traffic cycle where its produced in pakistan/afghanistan, shipped to eastern europe, then produced and trafficked across the world. With the canadian governement probably buying the heroin straight from Pakistani farmers and giving it out in outreach progams like this for free makes dealers in vancouver quickly die out. even with statistics that crime rate (stealing) and OD rates are going down after a few months this program opened up.

few of my classmates in the support worker program is moving to vancouver to work there, and also thought about having a program like this in toronto
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote