Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: EC Summer Prediction for 2008-2009 Season
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

while that's true - objectively speaking, we have a more complete team than they do. They have some very obvious holes, especially at sg and 3pt shooting. Our only weakness is depth at PG and not a bona fide SF. However, I will take Moon at SF over Willie Green at SG anytime ...

Furthermore, we are a proven team by now, which has addressed its biggest weaknesses in the offseason (rebounding and defense). The 76ers actually had excelent play at PF from young, a major factor of their improved play at the end of the season. Brand will be a significant upgrade, but that kind of leaves Young in the dust, his minutes will drop dramatically and he will probably share backup duties for brand and for AI. I don't even know who their backup sg is, and finally, andre miller is kind of old.

So I can see a lot more question marks when it comes to philly and frankly, I would put them behind even whasington. Can they be very good? Sure - but so can we and the wizards. If you want to take the middle of the road approach, you can't put the cavs, orlando and 76ers ahead of toronto.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote