Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - RF Election!
Thread: RF Election!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #101 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
And how do anarchists not support social programs?

As for the corporate tax cuts - well I am a ong way past 30, and I've seen tax cuts a plenty for the rich that failed to create jobs. Over the last 30 years it is an idea that has failed so often that the suggestion of not having a brain really needs to be directed at those that trumpet the concept as the bulwark of conservatism. Over the last 40 years the top 1 percent of wage earners have reaped all the rewards. That's been the extent of the success. That doesn't indicate any great creation of jobs. Certainly not jobs worth having. Everyone else has seen their earning power either in gradual decline, or a steep decline. Seriously - if I hear Harper trot out the idea that corporations need handouts so that we can all benefit from the "stable" economy, I might have to consider moving to Germany.
Seriously I make one small quote from Churchill and this is what happens. LX, if it is more profitable for a company to operate outside of Canada it will move, jobs gone, we have to play by the rules that are in place, argue those rules all you want but we exist in a global economy and must compete in it. Forget about the 1% of the rich, who cares it doesn't matter. I do take issue with "people seeing their earning power decline", I would love to see some support of that statement.

Again with the "Harper" has he been in power for 40 years, is it all his fault?
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote