Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Zicarelli: Bosh's Beijing won't translate
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

the big difference is that jose played a similar role in the olympics. Plus, he had obviously improved his shooting which was his weak area. Bosh hasn't shown that much in the olympics, other than the fact that he can defend the perimeter when needed. However, in NBA Bosh has no chance of doing the same thing, perimeter players here are much faster and stronger, and there's much less pick and roll and a lot more isolations. So I can see where he's coming - things he did well in Beijing will not make a difference here.

However, there are a couple of key points he's missing:
1. after Beijing, his status got a siginificant upgrade - he's probably at the same level as carmelo or howard was last season, which is just a notch below the ultra-elite level of Kobe, Lebron and Wade. This will help him and us get more calls, especially in the playoffs, where we watched Howard getting lots of 50-50 calls his way.

2. confidence - his confidence should be maxed out right now, he finally feels that he belongs with the big guys. As you all know, confidence is a very important factor in NBA, so he should get a nice boost from these games.

Finally, if you add to what Colangelo said about his conditioning being the best ever, it's not unreasonable to have great expectations from him this season. Hopefully he can deliver, my biggest fear is injuries - and I think it's the only thing that would keep him from having a career season.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote