Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Obama thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

claudius, i'm interested in what you have to say. i watched that speech last night and thought it was fantastic. no american politicain has ever said many of the things he said last night, and it was a breath of fresh air. he truly represents the kind of change that america needs, and even if he can't complete every task he sets out to do he has a great chance of restoring faith in washington. the knock on obama has been that he talks but never gets down to solid policy. he did that last night. some of the issues are going to be tough (ending us dependence on middle eastern oil in 10 years, for instance), but they are all what the country desperately needs now. if, at least, he can repair the foreign policy relationships of the us world-wide and bring in youth, hope and unity within the country he will undoubtedly be the best president since kennedy.

mccain's selection of sarah palin today was a stroke of genius. it certainly undermines the inexperience critique of the obama-biden ticket, but it will attract lots of diillusioned hillary supporters who straddle the dem-rep line anyways. we now have a watershe4d moment in both parties - a black presidential candidate and a woman vp. neither of these have ever happened before, and it gives a change message to both parties. brilliant tactical move.

Last edited by 'trane; 08-29-2008 at 01:01 PM.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote