Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Eric Smith: Bargnani Update
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Eric Smith: Bargnani Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith's Blog
Jorge - from parts unknown: As I eagerly await the start of the 2008-2009 season I cant help but wonder how the progress of the most critical piece of our season (Andrea Bargnani) is doing in his workouts this off-season. I believe that Andrea could determine how well our beloved Raptors do this season. Would you be able to update us loyal fans on the progress that Bargnani is making to make this season a success. I know Colangelo and co. had big plans for him this off-season, how are those plans coming along?

Eric: By all indications, things are going well for Andrea. I spoke to a few folks within the Raptors and they seem happy with the progress Bargnani has made. Personally, I haven't had a chance to see Andrea since the end of the season but it sounds like he may have put on a couple of pounds as well. Jermaine O'Neal had a lot of great things to say about Bargnani following their workouts together in Las Vegas. The two hooked up in Nevada when Andrea was down there for the Pete Newell big man camp. He also showed his commitment to the Raptors and to this upcoming season by deciding to NOT play with the Italian national team this summer. Instead, he's been following a strict workout program that is/was coordinated by and supervised by the Raptors basketball department.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote