Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dave Hopla, Sebastian Pruiti on DeMar's Shooting
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:
Cool Dave Hopla, Sebastian Pruiti on DeMar's Shooting

Quote:
My point here is that DeRozan is still young, obviously works hard on his game, and he has plenty of time to improve his shooting. But what specifically does he need to improve about his shooting? According to hoopdata.com, DeRozanís mid-range shooting from 16-to-23 feet improved from a 38 percent success rate in his rookie season to a 40 percent rate this season ó with a league average of 39.5 percent from that range, we see that heís solid from mid-range, but not great. But why the huge dropoff from mid-range to long-range? To answer that question, I emailed a couple of people I consider to be among the leading basketball experts in shooting form and basketball analysis: shooting instructor Dave Hopla and ubiquitous NBA blogger Sebastian Pruiti.
LINK: DeMar and the mechanics: Breaking down his three-point shooting form | Blog Archive | RaptorBlog | Blogs | TheScore.com
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote