Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Things I hate
Thread: Things I hate
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

I'm an Oprah hater from the very beginning. I was big on Phil Donahue. That's how it should be done, with class, dignity, wisdom. Yeah it was still shit daytime TV, but it did make use of the medium for something of a higher purpose, instead of just pretending to.

I always thought Oprah had no real basis for any kind of credibility, but the public at large tends to give people more credibility when they are unafraid to reveal their complete and utter lack of any. I guess that means that people see her as being somewhat authentic in that case, and authenticity is a rare and valuable thing to experience. But being only somewhat authentic is pretty sad and useless. Phil Donahue! Look at what she did to Phil Donahue!

Anyway, for a while I was taping her shows and looking to sample her worst moments of non-credibility and using them in raps with Opera loops strung together and arranged with beats. I wanted to call it Oprah: a Rap Opera. It was a bit too ambitious. But there has been an actual opera written, and performed in London, based on the Springer show, and all the cuss words do not get bleeped out. They showed it on Bravo one night. Beautiful!
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote