Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Zicarelli: Bosh's Beijing won't translate
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
LX
Less is more. More or less. But mostly less. Or should that be more?

In the Paint

Representing:

Why is it accepted knowledge that Jose's success at the worlds translated into improved play in the NBA, but nothing at all will translate for Bosh?

And where in this article does it say that Bosh will turn into Vince part 2?

I think that Bosh was already doing much of what he did for Team USA. If I remember correctly, he hurt his knee vs. Minny while showing on the screen and then hustling to recover and find his man, and having a foot slide out from underneath him. The article says as much I suppose, although I agree it really says nothing. A good article might look at how he was able to measure his leadership abilities - an important thing at this stage in his career, and and at this stage in this team's development. And it might have looked at what his gold could do for him mentally, if not in every game, then in big games at least. I find it hard to believe there will be nothing helpful for him to make use of. It's like saying that players only gain from experience if everything remains exactly the same as their previous experience.

Now if he walks into Toronto thinking the Raptors can do what Team USA did in terms of sheer talent that can be deployed, then he is an idiot. But does this Zicarelli, or Benzo for that matter really think he's that stupid? Because that's what kinda gets implied, if anything at all.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote