Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Zicarelli: Bosh's Beijing won't translate
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
MikeToronto
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper

Representing:

I agree with Benzo and Zicarelli, or the other way around - it doesn't really matter.

The Olympics will do wonders for Bosh's spirit and confidence, but his role with the Raptors is entirely different from his role with the Olympic team. He is, or supposed to be, to the Raptors what Kobe and LeBron were for that team - a vocal leader at both ends of the floor and the best two-way player on his team. On Team USA, Bosh is a hustle guy not unlike Humphries for the Raptors. In fact, I'll venture to say that Humphries gets the ball on offence more often for the Raps than Bosh did throughout the Olympic tournament - instead of having offence run through him, he had to live off putbacks, offensive rebounds and an occasional alley-oop or two.

He does need to get meaner, he does need to think faster, especially out of a double-team and JO is the guy who could help him more than any Team USA experience. Why that was a "horrible journalism" is beyond my understanding.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote