Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jerryd Bayless
Thread: Jerryd Bayless
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
FoldedLaundry
back to fold laundry

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
I like Bayless a lot. He's almost an ideal starting PG for a team that can pass the ball from multiple positions. If I were building a team I'd want all 5 guys to be able to pass effectively. If a team relies on one player to initiate the offense, then the opposition only needs to shut down one guy and the whole offense is f'ed. I would love for the Raptors to add someone that can pass well out of the post, like a Webber/Divac.

For me, with that kind of team, I would want a PG that can bring the ball up the court, defend well, knock down open looks, get into the lane and make the first pass. I'm really not a huge fan of flashy PGs. I like PGs in the mold of Alvin Williams - reliable with the ball, useful off the ball, and an excellent defender.

If Bayless can continue to improve his shooting he's a keeper. His conditioning seems to already be good, though he hasn't shown that he's ready for a season of starter's minutes yet.

I should add that I was skeptical of Jose as a starter, because he showed as a back up that his efficiency dropped when playing extended minutes. Bayless shows the opposite - which is probably due to superior conditioning.
Conditioning could come with age since Bayless is younger, but I agree you. I think right now he's capable of starter's minutes but with the lack of a back up PG right now its hard on him.
FoldedLaundry is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote