Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Does anyone miss Chris Bosh
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #152 (permalink)
RAPMAN
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
the fact that we may lose more games this year (and likely next) without him does not mean that we are worse off. the price tag we would have had to committ to would have handcuffed us, and simply wasn't worth it. at the time i wanted him back, but i see now how inflexible we would have been going forward. i'd rather lose now and build than win a few more games and be locked in to mediocrity.

saying so doesn't make me underrate bosh, nor does it make me hate him, and it definitely doesn't mean i think Bargnani is better. it just means that he wasn't a critical piece and i do think we are better off changing course.
People always mention Bosh's price tag is too high, and how it would handcuff the franchise. They also mention how realtively cheap Bargnani's contract is at 10 million per year. Bosh makes an avergae of 16.8 million per year in his contract. If an extra 6.8 million per year will net you a player like Barbosa (7.1) or Amir Johnson in the free agent market, who wins more games. Again if were talking about money, contracts and producing the most amount of wins, where would you invest your money:

Bosh > Andrea & Barbosa
Bosh > Andrea & Amir
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote