Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Positives from this season
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:

I know this team is bad...but the most positive thing for me is that I've never gotten the sense that this team is as bad as the record shows.

I can remember being much more frustrated with Raptor teams that have been better and done better on paper. It has everything to do with these guys playing hard and not giving up despite how the season has gone, and the fact that I do see a light at the end of all this. Regardless of the record I honestly believe this is the most exciting Raptor team we've had since we won the division, and the team is only going to get better.

The last place any team wants to be is on the treadmill, and with CB4 this team kept a steady pace on the treadmill. Not speeding up, not slowing down, just jogging. Those teams didn't play hard. They lost, and they lost bad. As a fan, that gave me a dead feeling - I didn't care. I didn't care about the team or any of the players save for a few. I skipped games last year. I never skip Raptor games.

This group of guys on the other hand, I want to see succeed. I know they're likely to lose most nights, but I watch anyways because I want to see them do well and I want to be the guy that was there from the shitter to the top. I can respect and root for a group of guys that goes hard, regardless of the outcome. That's the big positive for me.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote