Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Durant feeling neglected
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ligeia
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath

Representing:

Here is the actual story (why not post that instead of the RealGM Wiretap?):

HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Chris Tomasson Durant’s under-the-radar season

Quote:
But Durant insists not being regarded as a strong MVP candidate isnt bothering him. In fact, he said Rose, whose Bulls are 57-20 after going 41-41 last season, should be handed the Maurice Podoloff Trophy.

No (dissatisfaction). Im playing on a winning basketball team, Durant said of the Thunder (52-26), which clinched the Northwest Division on Wednesday. I won 50 games. Im in a tough conference, a tough division. I think the MVP goes to a guy that there team is like us last year when we went from 23 wins to 50 (even if Durant finished behind James, whose Cavaliers actually fell from 66 to 61 wins). Thats a big difference. With guys like D. Rose, they went from 41 to like 50-something right now. So its a big difference. We stayed the same.

So, if you stay the same, thats probably why Kobe Bryant only won one award (for MVP, in 2008). Hopefully, Ill get one before Im done playing, though. As of right now, I congratulate Derrick Rose for winning MVP Yeah, of course (Rose should be the MVP). Hes having a phenomenal season. Theyre No. 1 in the East now, especially with all the firepower that went to the East (Rose), Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, those three guys should be MVP candidates.

The humble Durant doesnt seem to mind theres supposedly been an outbreak of amnesia even if he believes another scoring title might remind some hes still putting up big numbers in the 73102 zip code. Maybe all this forgotten talk he will use as motivation during the playoffs.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote