Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Positives from this season
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
js12
#NorthernUprising

Next year...

Representing:
Raptors Positives from this season

The Raptors had a terrible season. No question about it. But there are several positives that I think they can build on. Feel free to add or comment.

1. DeMar DeRozan- Minus the first month or 2, this guy has been on fire. Yes, he's playing on the Raptors, but he managed to double his point production from 8.6 to 17.1 while shooting a respectable 47% from the field. There's still a lot of room for improvement, and if he continues to improve, he is easily an all-star contender.

2. Ed Davis- He had a rough start to the season with that injury in the off season. But I like how this guy is developing. He is capable of doing the dirty work, averaging 7 rebounds, 1 block and 0.6 steals per game. If he bulks up in the off season and improves the post game and jump shot, he can develop into a Horford, Noah type of player.

3. Jose Calderon- He managed to put up a good season. 9.8 PPG, 8.9 APG. This may bump his trade value and return an usable asset.

4. In-season trades- I love Jarrett Jack and think he's better than Bayless, but we got younger and saved money with that trade, so I have no other complaints. James Johnson was also a good acquisition. With time he can develop into a good player in the league. He plays hard, and can do a bit of everything.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote