Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - DeMar DeRozan having one of the 20 worst 3 point shooting seasons ever
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This kind of reminds me of Vince Carter... he could never make a three in his early days, then he worked on it and its all he did.
This is an interesting point. During his rookie season, Carter was not a good 3 point shooter. He improved quite a bit during his sophomore season (age of 23). And Carter played 3 seasons of college, too. Demar would still be a Junior in college THIS season. So, if Derozan works on his range this summer (and continues to keep working after that), I think he can improve. Having said that, young VC had better mechanics, so I wouldn't expect Demar to ever hit the 40% mark from downtown the way Carter did.

I think it's important to remember that Derozan was a 9th pick. In that context, I'm okay with his progress so far. If he had been further along in his development last year, the Raps probably never would have landed him. A team would have taken him in the top 5. He's one of those guys who you hope ends up being a huge steal through his hard work and use of what talents he does have. If he can get his 3FG% up to 35%+, he is going to be really tough to guard and a great selection at the 9th spot.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote