Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - fossil fool: high tide
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
You need stars, but a team deep in two way players that play hard together can get a team a long way towards big goals while stars are still developing. I'll agree that they need to make a bona fide hit in the draft, and they'll need to make further additions beyond that. But I've seen plenty of teams that went far without a superstar. The Pistons won like crazy in this decade. Indiana had Reggie Miller and a bunch of guys not unlike what is here. Cleveland in the 90's had an elite team that only Jordan could beat, and they were simply well-balanced without much elite talent. This team is looking like it is taking a step in the right direction. Now let's hope they straighten out ownership and get a little lucky.
Davis has the potential to be a two way player, and maybe demar, but beyond that, not so much. Amir,jj and Bargnani will never be two-way players.

IMO, the only reasons for optimism right now are a new cba that's small market friendly, and the next 2-3 drafts. I just hope bc and mlse have the patience to wait, assuming they can settle their differences ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote