Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Do we have the worst owner(s) in sports?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #52 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
Wrong, merchandise and TV revenue bring in the real big bucks. Their MO is to go a playoff round or 2, so the fans are happy, but never go deeper so expectations never get that high. In my age group alot of people talk about those early 90s leafs teams like they were made to win.... no they werent, we were never favorites going into the season, we always needed a goalie to win us a round or 2 and leaf fans would go bananas and spend all kinds of $.

No its not publicly traded that i know of and the Ontario Teachers Union owns a HUGE share of the company... do you think they are in it to spend $ so they can win? No they are in it to make $ and spend the least.

To prove my point, pre salary cap NHL, we are LITERALLY the biggest $ making team in hockey.... we never spent the most, we never got close to spending the most, we never signed a real hotshot player that wasnt over the hill. Im sorry Raptors fans, until the OTU steps the fuck outta the game, it will be hard pressed to win.

Dont give me omg 10mil over and we gotta pay an extra 10mil... thats peanuts to this company, they make so much $ its ridiculous and they give us the shaft all the time. Hiring BC was a preemptive move since Raptors fans arent nearly as loyal as Leafs fans and wont sellout games for a last place team, so they needed credibility for the fans and to other NBA players, but still the purse strings are tight.
They'd make even more money with a cup.More ticket sales, way more merchendise.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote