Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Holy McKenzie: I enjoy watching this team play w/o Bargnani
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #97 (permalink)
Ammo
Jimmy Butler IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I was more concerned with regressing. He likes minutes, and hasn't shown much of a desire to be held fully accountable. If there was some fight put up that could only be a bonus. That would be tremendous.

And Toraps - get back into your Bargnani Hate thread! - who let you out?
I don't know about that because I have been wondering for a while about whether his conditioning is suited to heavy minutes. I wish I had a way of breaking down the stats, but I am willing to bet that stats generally drop both in the 2nd half of games vs the first half and also in the 2nd of back-to back games.

I don't know if he likes minutes but he does like scoring....against anyone. If he knows to expect 28 to 30 minutes that are not going to include the first 6 or 7 minutes of each half, he can come in with someone like Reggie and tear it up out there. He might even be able to pad his rebounding stats against some lesser talents.

That way that pack of vicious hounds I have seen the last 2 games can set the tone. If he can't buy in, accountability will be in not starting, but he would still be able to help the team. And everyone knows when they need to spread the floor for a last minute shot, he will be in there.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote