Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Holy McKenzie: I enjoy watching this team play w/o Bargnani
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #83 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
If you're gonna revolve your offence through your centre then you better have a centre that has a post game and that can command at least a double team. I know the examples I'm about to list aren't realistic but when you see teams like LA (Gasol), Orlando and even Boston you see teams that work essentially inside out.

Beyond, really, Ed Davis, who camps out in the post, this team is very perimeter oriented on offense from its bigs. Amir and Bargnani your best bigs on this team really operate elsewhere on the court. It's alot harder to run your offence and defence because of this fact.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about this, we need someone who can fill it up point. One thing I've learned, is everyone in this league can score if they're asked to. Scoring should never be the main priority. Hell, I don't care if we win 1-0. At the end of the day your centre should be a guy who rebounds, can box people out, have a defensive presence and help get you EASY points (put backs, dunks, lay ups, offensive rebounds etc.) Bargnani doesn't really do that. He's a SF ideally, but not quick enough to guard SF's.

In this case, it'd be addition by subtraction. If you can add a guy with a High IQ, solid offensive and defensive game, regardless of position, I think you make that move easily and see an almost immediate return.
Right, I am not going to argue that. That is more basketball philosophy rather than "is Bargs a scrub" though.

I would still like to see him for a string of games at PF.

C-Davis
PF-Bargs
SF-Johnson
SG-Derozan
PG-Bayliss

Lets give that 5 some burn at the end of year,
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote