Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How long before VC retires?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #56 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

There's several things I'd like to address, but for now I'm focussing on two points you raised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDaring View Post
Garbajosa suffered his injury March 26, 2007. After that the Raptors finished the season 9-2 in their last 11 games.
9-3 but close enough.

However, this requires some context, since you seem to be implying his loss didn't hurt the team. You can't say that. In fact, I'd argue that that particular stretch of games was a fools gold. Why? Let's look at the wins.

Miami - Wade didn't play.

Wash - decent win that required overtime

Charlotte - 33 wins, well below .500

Orlando - below .500 that year

Philly - 35 wins, well below .500

Chicago - a quality win

Minny - 32 wins, well below .500 that year

Det - Billups didn't play. Not only that, but Wallace, Hamilton, and Prince played fewer than 30 minutes. Wallace didn't even play 20. Detroit was resting players.

New York - 32 wins, well below .500 that year

In context, that stretch of wins is not impressive. In my opinion, it says nothing about them being a better team, or as good a team, as they would have been if they had Garbo.

Now for the next thing I want to address. I looked up the answer to one of your earlier questions:
Quote:
How often does the 6th seed beat the 3rd seed?
Fairly often. I went back and looked at the past 10 years.

2001 - Charlotte beat Miami

2003 - Boston beat Indiana (also, the other 6 seed, Portland, took Dallas to 7 games. And Orlando, an 8 seed, took Detroit to 7).

2005 - Indiana beat Boston (returned the favour from two years earlier)

2006 - Clippers beat Denver

2007 - New jersey beat Toronto - see, already not that extraordinary (Also, 8 seed Golden State won that year, too)

2009 - Dallas beat San Antonio

2010 - 7 seed San Antonio beats Dallas (I know, I know, not a 6 seed )

Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote